I re-made this fav dish after an influx of zucchini from my door to door CSA and aunt’s garden!
This time I tried a tad less oil, made my own pancake mix and used 3/4’s c flour!
Recipe below, story here.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups grated or thinly sliced zucchini/ squash
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 c. pancake mix
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1/2 c. Parmesan grated cheese
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 TBSP of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 TBSP of oregano or Italian Seasoning
- Optional: Fresh basil, chopped
- Optional: One clove of elephant garlic, crushed
- Optional: broccoli florets, chopped kale, beet greens, tatsoi , mushrooms etc. (Great dish to add CSA veggies to, just beware not to add so much that the balance of the egg and mix is thrown off. I’d suggest no more than 3/4cup total of any of the optional pieces)
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Pour in greased casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes or until done in center.