Ok, ok…I admit. I got this recipe off of People.com This was once my guilty pleasure reading over lunch, but I haven’t searched the site in ages.
Not until the other day when I had a craving for this recipe. It’s so simple and fresh (two of my favorite elements of an amazing meal).
Below is my adapted recipe. Change as you like!
Curtis Stone’s Lemon Garlic Spaghetti and Swiss Chard
- 1 lb. or bushel of swiss chard, kale, or other hearty green, washed and de-stemmed
- 1/2 to 1 lb. spaghetti
- ¾ cup extra-virgin oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1-2 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (more if you are like me and love this flavor!)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved or freshly grated
- 8 oz cooked white beans (optional)
1. Bring large pot with water to boil, as your package of spaghetti details. First cook the greens for about 5 minutes. Remove and bring water back to boil, now cooking spaghetti according to package.
2. Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and brown (less than a minute). Add greens, lemon zest and salt & pepper. Add spaghetti. Then add the lemon juice and 1/2 the cheese to coat (and beans if using them), seasoning with salt and pepper.
Finger licking good!